“Joy and gladness will be found in her,
thanksgiving and the sound of singing.”
Isaiah 51:3 (NIV)
Isaiah 51:3 (NIV)
I am very thankful to the Lord!
1. Joshua injured one of his toes on his left foot (no, believe it or not, not playing tackle football) and it was just a "subtle chip fracture" not requiring any special attention! His x-ray was Friday 10/9, which is a day school was closed for in-service ! "Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise Your glorious name." 1 Chronicles 29:13
2. Gabrielle's teeth and bones were all protected by the Lord when she "went too fast" over a neighbor's bike ramp and she flipped on her bike. Her precious face met with the sidewalk very hard. God protected her teeth and bones! Her beautiful face was scraped up and bloody, but it could have been a lot worse. We are so thankful. (Also thankful that Mommy's heart kept beating when I heard her blood-curdling scream all the way inside our kitchen.) "The hand of our God was on us, and He protected us..." Ezra 8:31
3. For "Aunt Anne" (my sister) who loves our cherubs so much. She is "fun personified", and they love her with their whole hearts. They could see her ten times in one day and get just as excited to see her each time."And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." 1 John 4:16
4. For my bloggy friend, Jill, who designed my "Simple Pleasures Saturday" button (in 10 minutes flat)! Thank you, Jill! Here is Jill's design site: http://mydesigningsite.blogspot.com/ "He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers...all of them master craftsmen and designers." Exodus 35:35
5. For the 6 AM Wednesday morning men's Bible study/prayer group at our friends' home in which my husband participates. They call themselves "The God Squad". So thankful for my husband's godly friends and that he is an awesome, godly friend to them, too. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
6. For my sister-friends who love on me lavishly in prayer and by keeping the bar raised high. "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16
7. For God's faithfulness in confirming to me over and over that He establishes the work of our hands! "May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90:17
Share your thankful heart with us today!